Sony has recently launched the Sony Xperia M4 Aqua Dual. It is a fully waterproof and has all the good features of Sony smart phones. However the price is a bit too high as per me.
Let’s have a look at the technical details of the phone:
- Display – 5 inch 720 pixels high-definition Display – A good quality display in the price and the quality is real good.
- Operating System – It has Android 5.0 Lollipop version. Well it is not the latest but the good thing is can be upgraded.
- Processor – 64 bit Snapdragon Octa core processor is good enough for this phone. But it responds slowly in case of heavy graphics and games.
- 4G Dual SIM – Well that feature comes in almost every smart phone nowadays.
- 13MP rear camera – Here is where Sony disappoints. Its camera reads as 13 MP but is not good as Sony camera used to be in their earlier phones.
- Memory – 16 GB internal memory with up to 32 GB SD card support is great.
- RAM – The 4 GB RAM seems a bit less. 89 GB would have made the phone fast and look its current price more attractive.
- Battery – A god 2400 mAH battery last for more than a day. Good enough!
- Water proof – This is the premium feature. You can take it in rains and go swimming with it. But beware it is made for 30 minutes under water only.
Overall the phone looks a bit over priced as the features do not match its price. It would have been better off at 20% lesser. However if you are Xperia Z fan this might suit you.
Tablets are cumbersome to carry as a calling device, but are better than a laptop. This gadget is the trans between smart phones and computers.I love the convenience they provide. Here are a few great additions to the category in 2015.
- Apple iPad Air 2 – The best addition to the iPad series. The Touch id is a great addition to the iPad. Any day iPad is the best tablet, with its quality display and the camera. No Android tablet has been able to match it yet.
- Google Nexus 9 – After it bought Motorola, Google is all set to rule the Android tablet market. I loved the user interface and the features. Yes it is behind iPad in looks but has a better processor. If you want a tablet to do official work Nexus is the best bet.
- Dell Venue 8700 – The USP of this tablet is the great camera and the applications for photography. Yes its camera takes better pictures than iPad and to top it all the camera app to edit photos is the best in the market. Great tablet made for photographers.
- Nvidia Shield Tablet – You love gaming but do not get the feel in either iPad or any other Android or Window tablet then this is made for you. The sensors are amazing and suited for ultimate gaming experience.
- Microsoft Surface Pro 3 – The best tablet launched by Microsoft. It was launched as a connecting link between laptop and tablet. It has free keyboard and can be used as a laptop as well. The tablet scores because of its multi use and the Windows 8 operating system.
Apple Pay is the new technology that Apple unveiled with launch of its iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. It has two major uses. Payment in retail stores using fingerprint sensor and payment inside applications on iPhone.
Apple pay – The future of electronic payment
The new technology only works on iOS right now. It essentially requires TouchID sensor. On the applications supporting this technology completing a purchase can be done with a finger. Apple Store has this feature for in store purchase in iPhone 5 launch also. But it was limited to the Apple Store.
Now the technology will give one touch purchasing experience, and also keep your shipping information without botheration of filling up details. This is going to revolutionize online payment. However the market for this technology is very small at the moment. It will mostly affect the big banks and financial institutions. It will act as a disruptive technology for them. The banks have to be ready for the change that is coming.
The setup is very simple as it is connected to the Passbook which currently stores boarding pass, tickets, coupons etc. The same will store debit and credit cards also. The first card you can add is the one on your iTunes account. Just enter the card security code and it is ready. Entering information of a new card can be done manually or using iSight camera.
Does it integrate all Payment Cards?
Apple is trying hard to put this together, but at the present it does not work with all. Apple has already signed up with 500 regional banks, and 50 major world players in the banking industry. The future looks bright but now only limited options are available. Store-branded cards, prepaid cards are planned for future integration. It will take time for the technology to come of age.
I keep hearing conflicting stories when it comes to all the new wearables out there now. This includes the smartwatch which is probably getting the most attention and with good reason.
Everyone wears watches and or bracelets so it just makes sense. It is not some strange device on some strange part of your body, it is right there where you can see it and where it can get great readings.
I haven’t had the chance to test any of these puppies out yet, have any of you? I would love to hear about it in the comment section below.
Of all the purposes I have hear I am personally most interested in ones that monitor health and sleep in particular. I am a crappy sleeper and would love to learn more about my patters in hopes of sleeping past 4am!
I have to say though that some of these designs are just plain ugly. I am torn on the apple smartwatch though. It’s simplicity is both what I do like and don’t like about it. Know what I mean? Not that it matters, unless they can get their battery problem worked out there will be no watches to wear.
Do you think smartwatches are the wave of the future and all our giant and small cell phones will be a thing of the past?
Currently in our household we have two computers that are past their useful date, one broken ipad, one no longer capable of updating, and numerous discarded phones.
While Apple have quite a good trade in service, and I could return the broken ipad for a refurbished one at not too bad a cost, news this week of the current model ipad has left me feeling depressed about the future of ipad. Once the most desirable of products, Apple seem to be falling behind the market in all aspects of design and usability – maybe its time to try out the Kindle Fire.
But, that leaves me with the usual question of what to do with all these pieces of useless equipment. Inspiration has come to me in all forms, the most practical i found being in this article. But, possibly more entertaining and definitely more useful for laptops would be these options – this weekend I’m definitely trying the ipad for table tennis, and the laptop as a nutcracker, or maybe egg cooker! I think I’ll get some money through Ferratum for some new tech, leaving me free to try whatever I want with the old stuff!
Having said that I read yesterday about how Electrolux have designed the ultimate kitchen gadget, a notebook that’s also a chopping board and cooktop, so maybe I need one of these!